ADVANCING THE COMMON GOOD
- Advancing the common good means creating opportunities for a better life for all.
- When we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all.
- We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable and when people have good health.
- These results and changes have benefits that ripple out to the community as a whole.
EDUCATION, INCOME & HEALTH
- There are basic things that we all need for a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, income that can support a family through retirement and good health.
- United Way is focused on building blocks for a better life:
- Education - Helping Children and Youth Achieve Their Potential
- Income - Promoting Financial Stability and Independence
- Health - Improving People's Health
- Our goal is to create long-standing changes by addressing the underlying causes of problems.
- We don't just address the symptoms of a problem. We go deeper to get at the underlying causes.
- Living united means being a part of the change.
- It takes everyone in our community working together to create a brighter future.
- Together, we can accomplish more than any single group on its own.
SUPPORT CHARITABLE GIVING
As we continue to focus on advocacy efforts supporting our work together, please note that UWTC, in partnership with United Way Worldwide (UWW), and other local United Ways is taking action on proposals to eliminate the federal deduction for charitable contributions.
We ask that you publicly support maintaining the current charitable giving tax incentives for all donors. This will help ensure that non-profit organizations can continue to serve those who rely on our help without financial reductions.
United Ways and other charities will have the greatest impact as a result of speaking out in large numbers, connecting with Congressional representatives and staff you know personally, and providing information about how this proposal could affect our local agencies and the people they serve.