United Way of Tompkins County and the Hangar Theatre Company's Christmas Carol Sock Fund
The Christmas Carol Sock Fund began in 2017 as a collaboration between the Hangar Theatre Company and United Way of Tompkins County (UWTC). The fund was designed to encourage local philanthropy, inspired by the message of Hangar's performance of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. All funds raised in 2017 were used to purchase 1,000 pairs of socks which went to local school children.
This year, the Hangar Theatre Company and UWTC will once again collaborate to raise funds for the second annual Christmas Carol Sock Fund 2018. As before, we are hoping to raise 1,000 pairs or more of socks for local youth!
How to Participate:
1. Attend a performance of the Hangar Theatre Company's Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol:
- Click here or call (607)273-ARTS to buy tickets.
- Receive 10% off your ticket purchase with the code LIVEUNITED
- Give a monetary donation or a pair of new and unused of socks to staff at the United Way table in the lobby before the performance, or during intermission.
2. You may choose to give your donation during the Day of Caring on Tuesday, November 27th 2018.