Applications for agencies to host a Summers of Service Internship are now open in Foundant.
Click here to start your application today!
The Summers of Service Program provides paid summer internships of $1,600 each for Tompkins County high school students. Internships will give high school students (first priority to students their junior or senior year) the opportunity to learn about the health and human services sector in Tompkins County by being placed at a local non-profit organization.
Below are important dates regarding the Summers of Service process:
- Applications for agencies are open in Foundant and are due May 7th
- Agency’s notified by May 12th .
- Interviews with students will be held by both the agencies and UWTC between May 18 and June 18.
- UWTC will then formally assign students to the internships and notify the applicants as to their placements by June 23rd (UWTC will also notify all non-selected student applicants by letter.)
- Internships can begin at a mutually agreed upon date for the applicant and host agency anytime after June 28th with all 160 hours being completed by August 31st
Please contact Emma Terwilliger, Director of Community Impact at email@example.com with any questions.