Stephen E. Garner Summers of Service is...
- An initiative to provide paid internships to students working with a United Way member organization,
- Prioritized to local high school students entering their senior year,
- Funded by Cornell University Student United Way Campaign and generous donors,
- Named in memory of Stephen E. Garner, President & CEO of Tompkins Trust Company, and former UWTC Campaign and Board Chair.
These annual internships will give students the opportunity to learn firsthand about the health and human services sector in Tompkins County.
Contact Carmela LoRuso for more information about the summer jobs program.
|"A wonderful component of this program is the connection between service providers, the high school interns, and Cornell students. Each group experiences both giving and receiving in this relationship; and the community benefits from the exchange. It represents the type of win-win situations Steve helped create and inspired us to continue."|
- James Brown, President of UWTC